At Tucson Unified, we recognize that gifted students have special educational needs that should be met within the context of educating the whole child through a variety of services and options. The role of the Gifted Education program is to:
· Identify the particular abilities and needs of these students.
· Challenge students functioning at the highest level of ability.
· Encourage underachieving students who are capable of the highest performance.
· Promote higher level creative and productive thinking skills throughout the district.
· Promote creative or productive achievement.
The District is committed to providing all students enrolled at the District with equal access to the District’s Gifted and Talented Education program.